#2 How I Have Decided This Works

My Dearest Delilah,
You know, I rarely called you that. I nearly certain you had been deaf for years so it didn't particularly matter to you what I called you, and, well, you're a cat, so I not sure it ever mattered.

For years we've just been calling you "the kitten". for a long time when I'm certain you could hear me, I called you Delilah. I would sing it "dee-LIE-lah". I imagine it would spark some sort of memory if you heard it, or maybe you have perfect memory now.

Okay, I think we should establish right now that I don't know with any certainty where you are now and what capacity you can think, feel, understand or remember your life. I am making vast assumptions that somehow you receive and understand what I type and publish here. I make these assumptions because it's the best way I can think of to keep you in my life and to deal with not having you around anymore.

So, for the record I am assuming that you understand everything I write, that you are in a wonderful place with no pain or fear, and that you can feel constant and profound love where you are and from us as well.

Okay, that's taken care of.

I have to wrap this up before you think I've forgotten about you. I assure you I have not, and will not. Writing these, especially now is difficult, painful. We'll talk more about that later.

Love,  your big feeder lap, and thrower of treat-treats

Daddy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Wonderful Dream